Inspiration from the Hemsley Sisters
We recently had the pleasure of attending CherryBombe Jubilee, a 1-day event in New York focusing on all things women, business, and food. A personal highlight was listening to the Hemsley Sisters (awesome cookbook authors and lifestyle gurus) share what they’ve learned on their journey so far. Here are the top 5 takeaways:
- Don’t be afraid to dream big. Make your dreams as fun and as playful as you’d like. Write down and visualize your dreams and continue this process as they evolve and change. Don’t be shy to write down what you really want; you never know what can come true.
- It’s ok to say no. Say yes to the right people at the right time, but if it doesn’t feel right, or maybe like you’re forcing something, don’t be afraid to say no.
- Meditate and de-clutter. You can’t be creative if you don’t make space – both mentally and physically – in your life for new ideas.
- Fight for what you know is right. Not everyone will agree with you all the time, but you know what’s best for you. Take time to tune in and trust yourself.
- Love is the ultimate currency. If you lead with love and positivity, it will take you where you want to go.