How to Have a Healthy Spring
How is it March?! February, we hardly knew ya! March brings warmer temperatures and longer days, and for those of us living in colder climates, a chance to finally get back outside. Changing seasons are always a great time to reflect, recharge, and restart. Spring officially begins on March 19 – here are some easy ways to have a happy and healthy transition into the new season!
- Pick up a good book. They don’t call it spring cleaning for nothing. If you haven’t already had the chance to read Marie Kondo’s The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up, now’s the time. Kondo offers some sage advice on how to let go of things we no longer need while providing great de-cluttering and organizing tips along the way.
- Get back outdoors. Take a walk around the block. Grab some magazines and find a good bench. Use any excuse to soak up some extra Vitamin D, a proven mood booster.
- Call your mom. Spring is a great time to renew relationships. Reach out to an old friend or coworker. Spend more time with the people you care about, remind them how much they mean to you.
- Drink up. This one’s simple. Add 2 glasses of water to your day – one when you wake up and one before you go to bed. You’ll feel extra hydrated, energized, and will help your body absorb more nutrients.
- Eat the season. Spring brings with it lots of delicious produce. Arugula, artichokes, beets, dandelion greens, and radishes are some extra nutritious favorites. Here’s some yummy ways to enjoy them!
- Cleanse. Spring cleaning isn’t just for your house, it’s a great time to reset your digestive system as well. Cleansing can mean different things for different people – try cutting out some not so healthy items (alcohol, processed foods, dairy) for a few days to see how you feel. Feeling like you want to try something a little more intense? Try a 2-3 day organic juice cleanse.
- Don’t forget the sunscreen! Longer days mean (hopefully) more sun! Coming out of winter it’s easy to forget the SPF, but add it into your morning routine and you’ll be good to go. Make sure to cover your hands too! We’re fans of Supergoop for it’s long lasting power and yummy scent.