Introducing Matcha Cashew Milk!
Matcha! It's fun to say and pretty to look at, but what is it? And why is it good for you? Here’s everything you need to know about this super powered beverage:
- Matcha literally means powdered tea. It is made from high quality tea leaves produced mostly in Japan.
- When you drink matcha you’re absorbing the benefits of the whole plant, versus traditional steeped tea where the leaves are discarded. Because of this, it’s a much more potent source of nutrients.
- One cup of matcha tea has the same amount of antioxidants as 10 cups of traditionally brewed tea. It has approximately 15 times the amount of antioxidants of blueberries.
- The antioxidants found in matcha are called polyphenols and are tied to protecting against heart disease, lowering blood sugar, and regulating blood pressure.
- Matcha plants are grown under shade for the last few weeks before harvesting. This increases the concentration of chlorophyll, an excellent natural detoxifier.
- Matcha has about the same amount of caffeine as a cup of coffee.
- Matcha contains L-Theanine, which is shown to help stimulate brain waves that increase focus and concentration. Zen Buddhist monks in Japan use it as a means to relax and meditate.
- You can use matcha in a variety of delicious ways. Add matcha powder to smoothies, oatmeal, homemade granola bars, or even salad dressing! We’ve been loving our brand new matcha cashew milk, which is the perfect breakfast or afternoon pick me up. Try it now!