Summer of Truce: Bastille Day Vacay
Chances are you’ve already been to a block party this summer. There’s been Art-A-Whirl, Lyn Lake Street Fest, and Memory Lanes, and there are a lot more to come. “But if you had to pick one block party to go to this summer, which one would it be?” Obviously, it’d have to be the Bastille Day Block Party.
Happening this Sunday on Irving Avenue S between Lagoon & Lake, this Barbette-sponsored block party brings together everything you know and love plus all of the things you didn’t even know you loved.
Things you know and love:
- Block Parties: Everyone OUTSIDE ALL DAY in Minnesota.
- Black Diet: Young and soulful six-piece. Expert dance party starters.
- GRRRL PRTY: Twin Cities rap trifecta of Eris, Lizzo, and Manchita.
- Brass Messengers: Count on them playing in the crowd.
Things you didn’t even know you loved:
- Kaleena Miller Dance: Tap dancing never looked so natural (and badass).
- Infiammati Fire Circus: No description needed.
- French History: Who knew it could be so fun?
- MC Foxy Tann: Emcee-about-town with only one volume level.
Now that you’re 100% for sure going, let’s talk about how you’re going to last from 3pm to 10pm. Yep, that’s how long it lasts, and we all know your body won’t fare well outside for seven hours on a summer day in Minneapolis with just block party food and hand-crafted cocktails.
You’re in luck! Truce is a short five blocks away from the festivities, so park your car by our store and stop in on the walk over. You can get a juice recommendation from our knowledgable staff or act like an expert and order a Vacay. A smooth mix of carrot, coconut water, and lime, it’s definitely the one you’ll want on Sunday. The coconut water provides extra hydration through its electrolytes and the carrots, high in vitamin A, will help keep your skin healthy even while baking in that intense Minnesota sun (seriously though, it gets intense). So grab one and head over to the Bastille Day celebrations. It’ll be like a one-day vacation.
Oh, and just so you know, we close at 6 p.m. on Sunday. So we’ll see you before then!
- Alex Lauer